Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ecotrin Moneymaker at Walgreens


Sorry this post is a little late, but there is a great moneymaker at Walgreens this week that is great for someone who would like to try out Walgreens' Register Rewards program.

Here's how it works:
Buy one bottle (45 ct) of Ecotrin for $2.
Use a $2/1 coupon from the 5/16 Red Plum insert or print one here. Actually, you can print two per computer. I printed four (from our two laptops).
Pay $0 or tax (depending on your state...in FL you pay nothing) and get back a $2 Register Reward.

A $2 moneymaker! I did this a few times this week. You have to do it in separate transactions, so try to wait until the line is small, and be willing to step out of line if you hold things up doing multiple transactions.

Hopefully you can find it at your store. Before you go, you can always do a search on walgreens.com. Search for Ecotrin and look for the 45 count. Then click "Find in store" to see if it is in stock at a store near you. There's no way to guarantee it will be there when you get there (unless you call ahead and get a kind cashier to pull some for you), but I like to check before I go.

If you want to know how to turn around and use those Register Rewards, take a look at this article from Money Saving Mom. I used some of mine this week to buy sunscreen. Woo Hoo for summer!

2 comments:

  1. So you really can do multiple transactions at the same time? They will let you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I have never had them tell me I can't. I have had a few cashiers with bad attitudes, but that's just Walgreen's cashiers sometimes. I just wait until there is not much of a line (or I check cosmetics to see if someone is available), and I tell them in advance that I have 2, 3, or more transactions. If you have your act together an the coupons and cash ready, it should go smoothly and not take too much longer than one transaction.

    ReplyDelete